Do you resist eating healthy desserts choices even though you know they will make you feel better? Down deep you may desire authentic living that you know involves maintaining a conscious diet; but you may think desserts that are good for you won’t satisfy your sweet tooth or will take too much time to prepare.
Have no fear! The following is a simple clean-eating recipe for a yogurt parfait which offers a breakfast and dessert option that uses all clean eating ingredients and is healthy and delicious. If you are dairy-free, follow our blog for our “Clean Eating Non-Dairy Parfait Recipe” which is a dairy-free variation of this classic parfait and will be featured next week.
- Plain, preferably organic, Greek yogurt (avoid flavored yogurts, which contain added sugars)
- Fresh or frozen berries of your choice (organic preferred)
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Honey or maple syrup (optional as a pure alternative to processed sugars)
- In a parfait cup or coffee mug, place a scoop of the berries (about 2 Tbs.).
- If you want more sweetness, drizzle honey or maple syrup on top (no more than ½ tsp).
- Scoop the Greek yogurt on top of the berries till the cup is about ½ full.
- Repeat one more layer.
- Top with a small layer of berries and about 2 Tbs. of the chopped nuts
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for later. If you use frozen berries, let the parfait sit out for about 15-30 minutes before eating to allow the berries to thaw.
- Show your loved ones you care about their health and well-being by sharing your healthy dishes together!
Follow Vantage Point Recovery for a non-dairy version of this recipe and to stay up to date on all our articles!
“Big dreams. Small Steps.”
This article is supported by Vantage Point Recovery, a lifestyle and recovery management center located in the Los Angeles / Southern California area. We welcome you to our community of readers as we improve our health and our lives, together.
Jiminette Cricket is a pen name. To find out the writer’s real name and more about her, visit her website.