Addiction treatment is one of our primary services here at Vantage Point Recovery.
While we offer a wide range of treatments within the scope of behavioral health, many of our clients come to us to address both addiction treatment and co-occurring disorder treatment.
Drug abuse is one of the major problems we face in our country. In addition to its addictive nature and the negative impact it has on our health, the stigma toward mental health and drug abuse treatment often prevents people from seeking help when they need it most. We have all heard of the opiate addiction epidemic, but the problem is much older than that. Methamphetamine became such a problem over the past 10 to 15 years, lawmakers pushed laws into place requiring all pharmacies to keep pseudoephedrine based products behind the counter. On top of that, there was the rise of the crack-cocaine crisis, which literally ruined entire communities.
This pattern of addiction and its vast repercussions has been with us for a long time, and unfortunately seems to only be strengthening.
Addiction Treatment Programs
There are a number of variations to consider prior to entering a drug rehab program as a course for addiction treatment, regardless of whether it is an inpatient or outpatient structure.
The most common types of programs consist of the following approaches:
- 12-Step Based
- Non 12-Step Based
- Holistic (yoga, nutrition, spirituality, holistic therapies, etc.)
- Hybrid (often times combining 12-Step and holistic qualities)
- Advanced Neuro-treatment Based (i.e., brain mapping, neurofeedback, neuroplasticity)
- Faith Based (most commonly Christian focused, but a few Jewish as well)
Addiction Treatment at Vantage Point Recovery
At Vantage Point Recovery, we take a very comprehensive and intensive outpatient program approach to addiction treatment.
This is a broad scale program that looks at a variety of factors and then creates treatment protocols designed to best treat the individual, based on his or her unique array of circumstances. With each patient assessment we look at a variety of elements, including:
- Individual medical and psych-social history
- Usage patterns
- Family history
- Presence on any potential co-occurring mental health disorders
- Potential need for medical detoxification
- Past history with treatment and attempts at recovery
- Medical conditions present
- And more…
Because substance abuse affects everyone differently, we explore a wide range of addiction treatment modalities. Some of the more common approaches toward addiction treatment include the following:
- Advanced neuro-based treatments
- Holistic & nutrition components
- Mindfulness meditation
- 12-Step and non-12-Step based therapies and education
- Medication management for those with impacting co-occurring mental health disorders
- Private & group therapies
Long-Term Recovery Success
Our primary objective in this process is to ensure that the client is best prepared and has been equipped with all the tools necessary to promote the highest likelihood for attaining long-term sobriety.
In following this objective, Vantage Point Recovery has long focused on providing the highest quality staff, each of which is most experienced within their area of specialty. This enables us to apply a greater level of fluidity and flexibility as compared to many other addiction treatment programs throughout Southern California.
Looking for answers? Use the form below to get in touch.