Whether you have been diagnosed with anxiety or are dealing with general stress, life can feel incredibly overwhelming at times. Mornings can often go one of two ways – peaceful, nourishing, and a good start to the day, or hectic, rushed, and stress-inducing. Consider these five habits to implement in your morning routine to help reduce overwhelm.
- Give yourself an extra 30 minutes each morning. Set your alarm a half hour earlier than you need to, and take time to wake up and move at a more leisurely pace.
- Swap out caffeine for a healthy smoothie to get in more vitamins and minerals.
- Breathe in some fresh air while taking conscious deep breaths.
- Take a few minutes to write — either about your dreams, thoughts you have upon waking, or ideas to remember.
- Get moving. Take a couple minutes to walk around and stretch.