TRACK is a specialized treatment program within our CORE offering that is entirely optional, and further deepens our analysis and treatment of your diagnosis where necessary.
Trauma is a complex thing because unlike a physical wound, psychological wounds are a little more complex to heal. The analogy is a hard one to make because the body is designed to withstand certain damages. In fact, when the damage is severe enough – like a lost limb – your body is so intelligent that it slows your heart to such a degree that blood loss is almost halted, often long enough to save your life.
Your mind, on the other hand, only breaks and shatters when its usual coping mechanisms fail. That’s trauma – when an event is so devastating, that you cannot deal with it, and the emotional terror brands itself into your mind.
A few hours of surgery can’t fix an injury like that – long-term therapy can, by helping you reach inwards and heal that open gash yourself, turning it into a faint scar. But that long-term therapy sometimes needs to be kicked up a notch, in cases where our CORE program isn’t enough.
Note how we focus on your involvement here. At Vantage Point, we believe in the individual – and in individual empowerment as a means to beat mental illness. The same goes for trauma. Because really, it’s your trauma – your pain, your mind, your memories, and your fight, to overcome that constant reminder, to overcome the flashbacks and the stress, and to put it behind you.
To help you, we incorporate several features into our trauma treatment track:
- Intensive Outpatient Care
- Building a therapy track around your individual needs, based on six weeks of intensive outpatient care.
- Specialized Individual Sessions
- We utilize talk therapy tools like cognitive behavioral therapy to offer an effective, long-term healing approach.
- Mindfulness Training
- From breathing exercises to meditation, we recognize the studied effects that mindfulness has on keeping clients focused on the present.
- A cutting-edge desensitization therapy tool, brainspotting utilizes simple gaze direction and eye-movement patterns to identify and treat negative emotions and traumatic experiences.
- Case Management
- The therapy doesn’t end after six weeks – although the program does. Our case management lets us follow up on your progress, and keep you on track.
- Group Therapy and Family Support
- To us, family and friends are part of therapy – they’re your therapists when we’re not around. It’s important that they know how to support your treatment.
- Trauma Education
- Like many mental diagnoses, there’s a lot of misunderstanding surrounding trauma and PTSD – we aim to clear that up, with comprehensive resources and information.
- Progressive Abstinence
- Whether it’s a substance or behavioral addiction, many clients resort to negative coping mechanisms to handle the stress of a traumatic experience. We help you eliminate and replace harmful coping mechanisms with proactive and healthy habits, like good sleeping habits and exercise.
We take trauma seriously – just as we take every single diagnosis we treat seriously. But we also recognize the unique needs of trauma victims, and our TRACK program is our answer to the need for a specialized treatment program for sufferers of more extreme post-traumatic stress.