No matter the time of year, anxiety and stress can be a huge factor in one’s daily life. During the holidays, some people feel these life stressors more than other times of year, however. It is important to not only seek help but also utilize effective at-home strategies to help you cope with these types of stressful events and times of year. Consider implementing the following surefire strategies to help you cope with any stressors or anxiety.
- Practice relaxation, meditation, or deep breathing techniques.
- Reflect on other stressful times and understand that this stress will pass.
- Recognize what has effectively helped you to cope in the past.
- Rather than denying negative feelings, accept and acknowledge them.
- Utilize active problem solving to identify ways you can control the situation.
- Maintain supportive relationships to help you through your anxiety and stress.
- Rest up! Getting plenty of sleep is important to your mental health and relaxing.
- Daily exercise will help you to reduce anxiety and stress naturally.
- Try your best to eat a balanced diet and maintain consistent meal times.
- Schedule times for rest in between the hectic moments.
- Make time for fun activities and things you enjoy daily.
- Avoid alcohol, substances, and caffeine.
Click here to read the full article by Angela Williams, PsyD for Good Therapy.