Let’s take a look at some of the subtle signs of mental illness in adults.
Thought mental illness isn’t always clear to identify, there are some signs that may lead you to a better understanding of how to treat your symptoms. Take a look at the list of signs below and consider whether or not they describe what you’re experiencing.
Signs of Mental Illness In Adults
- You have withdrawn from social activities
- You lost interest in activities, sports, or work you previously enjoyed
- You struggle to think clearly
- Your sensitivity has increased and you may become upset by little things
- You feel apathetic
- You feel disconnected
- Illogical thinking
- Uncharacteristic behavior
- You’ve dramatically changed your sleep, diet, and personal care patterns
- You’re moody
Take the Next Step
If a few of these signs seem to describe you or your loved one, you may want to consider contacting a professional mental health treatment center for an evaluation. Make time to invest in learning more about mental illness, including personal experiences from people who have experienced an illness first hand.
You will find a heap of helpful information and resources available to you when you contact a treatment center, as they will be able to put you in touch with supportive communities, counseling services, and other resources needed to manage and improve your mental health.