As we enter into the fall season and holiday-related stressors are just around the corner, now is a great time to get your stress levels in check in a natural way. In response to a variety of stress triggers at work and at home, managing stress with natural remedies is a safe and impactful way to prioritize your own wellness.
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals that are well-balanced between proteins, carbs, and healthy fats. Four to six small meals spread out throughout your day are less stressful on your body.
- Take your body weight, divide it by two, and add ounces at the end of that number. That’s how much water yo should be drinking! Avoid metals and toxins by drinking filtered water.
- Be refreshed by 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep each night. Sleep will help your body to recover from stressors and also help you to better deal with stress when you are awake.
- Exercise three to five times a week for at least 15 minutes. Exercise is a form of stress upon your body, but paradoxically helps you to release stress.
- Utilize mindfulness meditation, yoga, or massage therapy to help you de-stress and rebalance.
Click here to read the full article from Dr. Doni Wilson for Huffington Post.