For some, staying still for a period of time to practice meditation is not so easy. Even if you aren’t able to meditate in the traditional sense, there are a variety of mindful practices to try that can help bring inner peace and calm. Soraya Saraswati suggests her top five favorite meditations in action here:
- Walking meditation: Walking with no destination in mind and no deadlines, walking mindfully will allow your thoughts to flow freely and for you to notice the environment surrounding you.
- Coloring: Adult coloring is a newer trend that has actually proven to bring mental health benefits. People who participate in creative activities also tend to deal with stress more efficiently.
- Watching a sunrise/sunset: Whether you like to wake early or would prefer the evening time, there is something very calming and new about the rise and set of the sun.
- Listening to relaxing/calming music: Music can transport us to another place, time or state. By listening and focusing on relaxation, music can help us to refocus.
- Gardening: Spending time in the garden or weeding can be very effective as long as you are mindful and present while doing so – not on autopilot.
Click here to read the full article by Penny Shipway for Mind Body Green.