As the new year gets into full swing, it’s safe to say that many of us are working to fulfill our resolutions or improve ourselves in some way or another. As we work toward health and happiness in 2016, these five steps will support you along your journey.
- Food: What we put into our bodies has a major effect on how we feel. Changing your food choices to be more mindful and health-conscious can help you feel better in more ways than one — energy levels, clarity, confidence, and so much more.
- Exercise: Moving and staying active can help with physical as well as mental health. Eating energy-providing food will also make this step easier.
- Sleep: Getting an optimal amount of sleep is imperative to your health. Refreshing your body and mind each night is critical to every bodily function, both mentally and physically.
- Meditation: Mindfulness and meditation have proven benefits, ranging from increased happiness to decreased stress, from healthier relationships to increase in creativity.
- Community: To move toward a happier and healthier place, the people who surround you play a big part. Finding and fostering friendships with those who will love you, support you, lift you up, will be a huge part of your environment.
Click here to read the full article by Erica Benedicto from Huffington Post.