The key to staying on the road to recovery, no matter what you’re struggling with, is that you stay on the road no matter how difficult it becomes. It can be a challenge, so we found five quick things you can do to help you maintain your direction.
Take a look and let us know how you might integrate one of the five steps:
- Identify your overall goals of achieving wellness – be as specific as possible, and create milestone goals that lead you there.
- Specify what you can do to reach those goals – define what you can do on a daily basis to reach those milestones.
- Include daily activities as well as longer term goals – set aside time each day to work toward those milestones.
- Track any changes in your mental health problem – keep a daily journal, and review your month to track changes.
- Identify triggers or other stressful events – the more you understand what makes you struggle, the better you’ll be able to manage it with positive action or reaction.
The road to recovery is a little different for everyone, so give yourself time to figure out what you need and stick with it.
Full article at MentalHealth.gov
Ready to take a step toward recovery and wellness today?
Get our free monthly newsletter and you’ll receive the helpful information you need to stay motivated and create a healthy lifestyle you’re proud to call your own.
Vantage Point Recovery is a lifestyle management and recovery center in Thousand Oaks. We share mental health tips and other helpful information on the Vantage Point Recovery Blog. If you need help or support mental health awareness, please connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.