With the new year just around the corner, many find themselves setting goals or creating resolutions for the coming year. While that may not be for you, it’s good to look ahead at ways to improve your well being. What if we were to focus on our mental health in the next year, as opposed to just our physical health (as many resolve to do)? If you’re ready to improve your mental health in the new year, read on for some easy ways to get started.
- Talk to your doctor.
- Exercise gratitude.
- Give meditation a try.
- Try journaling.
- Consider therapy.
- Exercise a few times a week.
- Spend time with supportive friends/family.
- Educate yourself on mental health.
- Enjoy a well-balanced diet.
- Listen to melancholy music.
- Do some traveling.
- Get more sleep.
- Detox from your digital devices.
- Express kindness to others.
- Learn how to say no to prevent burnout.
- Talk to others about mental wellness.
Click here to read the full article by Lindsay Holmes for Huffington Post.